Monday, May 9, 2011

Homemade Pancake Mix

I have been debating about whether to keep this blog going or not. It has been six months since I even posted anything. (Is anyone even still out there?)  I have two other blogs and keeping this blog going hasn't been a priority. However, I decided to give it another try and see how things go. I will try to post once a week and go from there.


I recently did something that has saved me a lot of time on Saturday mornings (our pancake morning).  I have started making homemade pancake mixes.  When Saturday morning comes all I have to do is measure out the wet ingredients and then add the contents of my mix.  This has been working very well.

Here is how I make my pancake mixes using my pancake recipe

In a zip-top plastic bag I place:

1 Tbsp. Baking Powder
1 Tbsp. Sugar
1/2 tsp. Sea Salt
1 Tbsp. Ground Flax Seed 
1/4 tsp. Xanthan Gum

I write the following on each bag: 

Allergy Free Pancake Mix - Add 1 1/2 cups of dairy-free milk, 2 Tbsp. oil, and egg replacer to equal 1 egg.  

When I am ready to make the pancakes I place all of the wet ingredients into a bowl and stir.  Then I empty the contents of my bag into the bowl and stir until blended.  I let the batter rest for about 5 minutes while my griddle is preheating.  

Then I pour the pancake batter on the griddle in  approximately 1/4 cup increments. Turn them over when bubbles have formed on the top. Cook them on the other side until golden brown. Remove from heat and repeat until all batter has been cooked.

Now I am going to try to figure out what other recipes I can turn into mixes to save time. Have you ever done this?

4 comments:

Ang said...

Please continue. We are out here and just getting started with no gluten.

Jackie said...

Thank you for the encouragement!

Unknown said...

Thanks for this recipe. I plan to use it this weekend while camping. Sounds yummy and healthy.

Jackie said...

Great! Let me know how it works for you.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin